lundi 5 décembre 2016

Pork dumpling豬肉餃子

豬肉餃子
Zhūròu jiǎozi
Pork Dumplings

Hi there, already an other recipe! I want to update my blog more often. Today I want to show you how to make dumplings. I need to practice my folding because I want to be able to make pretty dumplings like in restaurants. But at least my dumplings are juicy and tender, and flavourful. There are 4 ways to cook dumplings, by steaming, boiling, pan frying or deep-frying, which is sometime served for the Chinese New Year, and is popular in America but less in China.

My recipe is steamed dumplings. Steamed dumplings has to be eaten quickly or the skin may come harder. I used frozen commercial jiaozi skin, but frozen skins aren't very stretchy, and homemade ones are way better and more opaque.

My recipe is actually an accident but it turned into my formula A dumpling! I grabbed the vinegar bottle, thinking it was soy sauce and pourred on my meat, then, I realised it was vinegar.... But it turned out very good! :)


Stuffing:
-1 lbs pork
-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
-1 big bunch of green onion, finely chopped
-1 bird eye chili, finely chopped and seed removed (optional)
-1 egg
-1 ts dark soy sauce
-1 tbs light soy sauce
-1 tbs vinegar
-1/2 tbs sesame oil
-1 tbs of potato starch
-1 pinch of asian 5 spices
-1 pinch of black pepper
Mix well together. It may looks too light or too liquid but that's what will make your dumpling not dry.
And the potato starch will help the meat to keep a good constancy.
MARINATE 2 to 5 HOURS.

How to fold dumpling: I couldn't have anyone to film me folding a dumpling so I will send you a link of a video from my favorite blogger (Margo Zhang): How to fold a Jiaozi

Put your dumplings on the both stages from your bamboo steamer. Put the steamer on a pot full of water and start boiling.

When it boils, start counting 25 minutes and the dumplings are cooked!



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire